Monday, January 24, 2011

Welfare recipients are living off my Taxes!

You ever try living off my taxes? It's a lousy living. Most people wouldn't do it if minimum wage jobs didn't pay even less and with no medical. I grew up in an area that had 5 people to every available job. So what do McDonald's­, Wendy's, K-Mart, etc do? They offer only part-time jobs... That way they can avoid all those pesky taxes and regulation­s that insure full-time employees get treated fairly.

In the mean time I get to decide whether I a) want to bust my rear working 2 or more jobs (don't forget I have to come up with transporta­tion for both jobs) so I can make 80 a week (after taxes). With no medical benefits for me or my children. OR b) I can stay home with my kids, make $200 a month + a stipend for the kids and I get $200 a month in food stamps + some for the kids. (These are approximat­e numbers from 10-15 years ago) In addition I also get medical for the kids!!!

Why would anyone pick the low-pay jobs? Well because they can't get on welfare. It happens a lot more often than you think.

Everyone on welfare is lazy or stupid, and it couldn't ever happen to me... Thats the attitude of so many... I wonder how many people are singing a different tune now that the economy has tanked?

No comments: